WHY WE REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
WHAT INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT?
Information Collected Automatically: Certain information about you may be automatically tracked as you visit and use this Web Site. This allows us to better understand how this Web Site is being used and how we can enhance the overall experience for users of this Web Site. We also use this information to improve the information, functionality, products and services that we (and our advertisers and partners) provide to you. For example, this information may include your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, Web pages on this Web Site you have visited, the number of times you visit each Web page, what downloads and/or search queries you have made, how long you spent on particular sections of this Web Site. Automatically gathered data includes information provided through the use of "cookies" (which are described in more detail below).
Cookies are small electronic files that our site sends to and stores on your computer hard drive, in order to: (1) keep track of your information for your convenience; (2) aid us in altering our Web Site Content on order to optimize your online experience (we make alterations to our content based on the particular needs or browsing patterns of our site users, and to provide our site users with advertisements, products and services that we believe will be of interest to our site users; and (3) help us understand the size of the audience and the traffic patterns of this audience within this Web Site. Although most Web browsers accept cookies automatically, you can change your browser to prevent cookies from being placed on your computer without your consent. If your computer will not accept cookies, you can still use our certain features and functions on this Web Site. Cookies, by themselves, cannot be used to discover your identity. We do not know your identity unless you tell us.
Clear GIFs: In addition, our company and our company’s service providers sometimes use "clear GIFs" in connection with cookies and other website functions. Clear GIFs are used to perform administrative functions without detracting from your online experience. Their use may include statistical and administrative tasks, such as measuring site and page traffic, verifying advertising avenues and positioning images on the web. Clear GIFs do not collect Personal Information.
HOW THIS INFORMATION POTENTIALLY COULD BE USED AND SHARED?
- Sale of Business Assets. If, at any time, we decide to sell our business or any of its assets, or choose to purchase other businesses or assets, Personal Information is generally one of the assets sold or acquired in such transactions, and my be subject to transfer under the terms of said transaction.
- Requested Information Exchange. If you have indicated that you want to be contacted by third parties, we may use the Personal Information we collect to select which names to provide to a particular third party in order to present you with products and services that we believe will be of interest to you, but we will not disclose this type of information, other than your contact information (information that provides a means of contacting you), to any such third party.
- Anonymous Data. We reserve the right to use any anonymous data automatically gathered by our servers so that we can understand how to make this Web Site more convenient and useful to our audience. In addition, we may share this information, in aggregate form, with our current and potential advertisers, service providers and listing Professionals, partners, affiliates and/or marketing allies so they can try to present advertisements and content more effectively. We may also use aggregate information to share information with the public regarding products, services, content or tools that may of interest to them.
- Solicited Information: You may occasionally see contests, surveys and other features of this Web Site that ask you to provide us with Personal Information. When you choose to respond to these requests, the Personal Information you offer may be used for several purposes. These include providing information to third parties as necessary for prize fulfillment and other aspects of any contest, sweepstakes, game or other promotion. If we are going to use your Personal Information for any other purpose, we will notify you of that purpose and give you a chance to opt-out before responding to our survey or participating in our contest, sweepstakes, game or other promotion. Any contest, sweepstakes, game or other promotion that is accessible through the Site is governed by specific rules. By entering any such contest, sweepstakes, game or other promotion, you will become subject to those rules. We urge you to read the applicable rules, which are linked from the particular contest, sweepstakes, game or other promotion.
- Children's Privacy: This Web Site is directed to an audience consisting primarily business owners and professionals. There is no portion of this Web Site that is directed to children under the age of 13. We do not collect Personal Information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13. If we become aware that Personal Information regarding an individual under the age of 13 has been stored, we will promptly delete it from our records.
- User-Initiated Communication: From time to time, portions of this Web Site may enable you to send email to us or to third parties. Whenever you choose to initiate these kinds of communication with us, or anyone else, you may expect to be contacted in return.
CAN YOU CONTROL THE USE OF THIS INFORMATION?
HOW DO YOU "OPT-OUT"?
You have the option to terminate email correspondence from us at any time. You may be given the chance to opt-out of mailings when you disclose your email address to us. In addition, at the bottom of all of our email correspondence, there contains an "Unsubscribe" link allowing you to opt-out from receiving any more email messages. To opt-out or request that we not use your Personal Information to market information to you, please click here to email us with your request.
Certain content, products, services, and tools available on the Sites (and certain enhancements thereto) are dependent upon the collection and use of non-personally identifiable information and may not include an opt-out opportunity unless Personal Information is directly used for such content, product, service or functionality.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND CHANGE YOUR INFORMATION?
In cases where you want to view, edit or delete the Personal Information you submitted to us as described above, please follow the directions below:
- If you would like us to no longer use the Personal Information you provided to us, please click here to email us with your request.
- You may also contact Customer Service to make such changes. You will be required to expressly authorize Customer Service to access your data for the purposes of completing your requested edits, modifications and/or deletions.
WHAT SAFEGUARDS ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT THIS INFORMATION?
EFFECTIVE DATE OF POLICY AND MODIFICATIONS
Privacy Administrator: email@example.com